alpha-GPC is produced by the chemical or enzymatic deacylation of phosphatidylcholine enriched soya phospholipids followed by chromatographic purification. Alpha-GPC may also be derived in small amounts from highly purified soy lecithin as well as from purified sunflower lecithin.
Alpha – GPC Powder or Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine is a phospholipid metabolite and precursor to phosphatidylcholine and acetylcholine. … This soy-free Alpha GPC choline supplement helps improve your learning, memory, cognitive performance, and better brain function.
Is Alpha-GPC good for you?
Alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine (Alpha-GPC) and caffeine supplementation have been shown to improve mental and physical performance. Alpha-GPC administration increases the release of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine and facilitates learning and memory.
According to the “cholinergic impairment hypothesis”, the pathogenesis of Alzheimer’s disease (memory, cognitive impairment, etc.) is closely related to the deficiency of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, and if the level of acetylcholine in the brain is increased, the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease can be significantly improved.
Synthetic Alpha GPC commonly have following spcification: 50% 85% 99% HPLC
Technical Data for Alpha GPC
|Storage||Store at +4°C|
|Chemical name||Choline glycerophosphate|
How to synthesis Alpha GPC ？
- Soy lecithin was mixed with water to produce the mixture M1
- Add phospholipase A1, phospholipase A2, calcium chloride and zinc chloride to the mixture M1 and react at a temperature of 30-45°C to produce the mixture M2
- The mixture M2 was centrifuged and the supernatant was passed through a silica gel column and an ion exchange resin column to obtain the mixture M3
- The mixture M3 was placed at a temperature of 5~0℃ for 40–60h to obtain crystals
- The crystals were evaporated and concentrated to produce glycerophosphatidylcholine.